Sales funnels that are correctly designed increase leads, prospects and eventually conversions, which is the end goal for those that promote it. It has been dubbed a “sales funnel” for a reason. On one side, you have a big opening, this is where new leads enter the pipeline. As you move toward the end of the sales funnel, it gets smaller and this is where you turn leads into potential prospects. We nurture them through the pipeline, all the way to the bottom where we then convert them into a paying customer.
But what you need to know, “how can you grow your business with a sales funnel?”
This is where I can help you with your business.
Sales Funnel: Making Selling Easy
In this article, I will discuss;
- What Is A Sales Funnel
- How The Sales Funnel Works
- 6 Stages Of The Buying Process
- What You Can Do With A Sales Funnel
- How To Build A Basic Sales Funnel
- How To Use Sales Funnels To Grow Your Business
What Is A Sales Funnel?
A sales funnel is a marketing system that has been around for a long time. Businesses have been using them for decades. Perhaps created before its time, sales funnels are greatly used in online marketing systems to gain leads, prospects and eventually turn conversions.
Sales funnels are used to create customers. Very brilliant concept here. The question for you, “how many potential customers are you losing because you don’t have a sales funnel in place?”
That’s a scary thought for any business and the main reason you need a sales funnel in place. Funnels can be utilized to target your customers at different stages of the buying process.
How The Sales Funnel Works
So we know a sales funnel is a marketing system used to create customers. But how do we create customers?
There’s 3 types of people you’ll engage with during the sales funnel.
- Leads – This is when someone becomes aware of your product, service or brand.
- Prospects/Qualified Leads – Both represent a lead or prospect that has met specific requirements to move down the funnel.
- Customer – We all know what this is, anyone that has completed a purchase
Everyone enters the sales funnel at the top.
There’s a wide range of marketing strategies used to bring traffic into your funnel. These could be;
- Search Engine Marketing – This refers to paid traffic via search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Search Engine Optimization – Targeting specific keywords to utilize organic search engine traffic.
- Social Media Marketing – Using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and others.
- Paid Traffic – Using display advertising on websites, any type of website may be considered if the audience is right.
- Video Marketing – Using YouTube and other video platforms to connect with potential customers.
- Facebook Advertising – Paying for ad space on Facebook, a common traffic source for many funnels.
Knowing where customers are during the buying process is important. I use 6 stages, you’ll see others use less, some use more.
The end goal is still the same. As you track customers down your sales funnel, it’s important to know what stage the customer is at so you can target them with specific strategies based on their journey.
For example, when we use our marketing strategies above, this is the Awareness Stage. When they give you an email and name, this becomes the Consideration Stage. And as they go down the pipeline, they go through each stage.
When you know where your customers are, you can better serve them by sending offers based on what stage they exist in.
6 Stages Of The Buying Process
There’s 6 stages you need to be aware of during the buying process.
- Awareness – This is when you hear about a product, service or brand. You see an add, see someone talking about it, you come across them through search, social media.
- Consideration – This stage, you’re aware of the service, product or offer. You’re now considering buying, not exactly sure but you debate how it can help you, better your life.
- Preference – When you prefer a certain service, product, You’ve did your research, you know what you’d get and you’re find reasoning to buy something specific over others.
- Purchase – By this stage, you’ve weighed everything out. You want this item, service, offer, what ever it may be. You’re now a paying customer.
- Loyalty – When a customer becomes loyal to the brand, happy with the product, service they’re receiving. Which leads them to the final buying process.
- Advocacy – At this stage, you become an advocate for the brand or product. Your experience was great, you tell your friends, family, anyone who will listen.
*Richard’s Advice – Think about your most recent payment for a service or product. Was your buying process similar to mine?
The Amazing Things You Can Do With A Sales Funnel
It’s amazing what you can do with a correctly optimized sales funnel. But what if you can’t build landing pages? List builder pages and email automation?
What if you can build it but don’t have the time? What if there was a way you can build sales funnels in 10 minutes, wouldn’t that be cool? It helps a lot. This is where my friend Russel Brunson can help.
Russel is the Founder of ClickFunnels, the BEST sales funnel software on the market. His sales funnel software makes everything simple and it has saved me hours upon hours. No joke, this is the real deal, I use it all the time and it changed my businesses. I know it can change yours too.
Now that you know what a sales funnel is and how it works, I know you’re excited to get started. However, if you don’t know how to build it, it’s going to cost you money, time and effort.
Your Basic Sales Funnel
To begin to understand the layout of a sales funnel, let’s take a look at a basic sales funnel design.
Step One – Your basic sales funnel will start with a Landing Page or Squeeze Page. Both are often referenced as the same. This page is where you collect a name and email. It allows you to start building a relationship with the lead. Makes sense, right?
If a customer doesn’t know you, they likely won’t buy. You need to begin the process of building that relationship. That’s the first step of the sales funnel. Remember, by this time, the customer is aware of your product or service, this is why they signed up.
Step Two – Once you have the email, you can then send the customer to a strong sales page. This page should be neat and organized with one clear Call-To-Action (CTA). In theory, you could have another CTA, but one CTA is usually the right solution.
Step Three – Once a customer buys your product or service, you can then take them to an Order Confirmation page. Here, you can use UpSells to get the customer to puchase more.
Step Four – Once they confirm their order, you can then take them to a Download page or a Thank You page. Again, this can be a page where UpSells are tried.
Custom Sales Funnels
It’s important for me to explain, no sales funnel is written in stone. You can customize your sales funnel as needed to better serve your business.
Custom sales funnels can be as short or as complicated as you want them to be. This is why I test different funnels, which can be hard if you don’t have the right tools.
The whole process of sales funnels can sound like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. What you need is the sales funnel software I have for you below.
Growing Sales And Conversions With ClickFunnels
Now that you know the basics of the sales funnel, I want to show you how it can help you grow sales and conversions.
My friend Russel Brunson is the Founder of ClickFunnels, the top sales funnel software in the world. Russel helped me grow my business and he can help you grow your business too.
I know you want to see real results, I know you want to grow your business and all of us want to make more money.
How much time are you spending creating your sales funnels? What’s your conversion rates? And how much money are you making? All 3 of these questions I asked myself. The answers were too much time, terrible and not enough.
If you’re not receiving the results you need or you’re not using sales funnels at all, this software alone will change your life. Even if you just sit down to watch, you’re going to walk away with a ton of value. You won’t regret it, that I guarantee. Just follow the link below and change your life!